The NIC.SH website (this "Site") is operated by Internet Computer Bureau Ltd ("we", "us", "our", "ICB"). Your privacy is very important to us. We are committed to being transparent and open with how we collect, use and disclose information. We do not sell any personal data of our customers to another company for marketing purposes.
This Privacy Statement (together with our Master Service Agreement and Cookies Policy) explains how we collect information about you and what we do with that information once we have it. It also describes your choices regarding use, access and correction of your Personal Information. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your Personal Information and how we will treat it.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Acts 1988 and 2003 and the European Union's General Data Protection Regulation (the "Acts"), the data controller is Afilias plc with its registered office at Level 2, Plaza 3, Custom House Plaza, Harbourmaster Place, Dublin D01 VY76, Ireland.
YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT. By accessing and/or using this Site, you (including, for the avoidance of doubt, any entity or person on whose behalf you are acting) explicitly agree to the Privacy Statement set out below and agree that you fully understand it. If you do not agree, or are not comfortable, with any aspect of this Privacy Statement, your only option and remedy is to immediately discontinue use of this Site.
PERSONAL INFORMATION. We fully respect your right to privacy and are committed to protecting it. Any Personal Information which you submit via the Site will be treated in accordance with the Acts and this Privacy Statement. We collect Personal Information only if you choose to share it with us. The decision to provide this information is optional, however, if you choose not to provide the requested information, you may not be able to utilize certain features of the Site.
We automatically collect usage information from you when you visit the Site and store it in log files ("Usage Data"). Usage Data is usage information such as the type of browser you use, your operating system, your Internet service provider, your IP address, the pages that you view on the Site, clickstream data and the time and duration of your visits to the Site. We may combine this automatically collected log information to provide aggregated statistics to use internally to better provide services to our customers, but we will not disclose this information to third parties other than specifically listed in the Privacy Statement. The use of this aggregated information will help us improve and enhance the services available and offered to you.
"Personal Information" we may collect is information that identifies you as an individual, such as:
- Telephone number
- Email address
- Official government issued-ID
- Credit or debit card number
We may use Personal Information:
- when services you request from us require your Personal Information to be provided to 3rd party service providers ("Service Providers"). We only provide our Service Providers with the information necessary or helpful for them to perform these services on our behalf such as providing domain name registration, web hosting and email services, or security or monitoring services to you. Each Service Provider must agree to use reasonable security procedures and practices in order to protect your Personal Information from unauthorized access, use or disclosure. Certain Service Providers may require your Personal Information to be transferred to other countries, including countries outside of the European Economic Area, that do not have similar protections in place regarding your data and its use as set out in this Privacy Statement. We have taken steps as outlined in this Statement to work to improve the security of your Personal Information. Service Providers are prohibited from using Personal Information other than for the purpose for which such information was provided or authorized by you. By submitting your data for such 3rd party services, you are consenting to the transfer of your Personal Information required to provide such Services.
- to respond to your inquiries and fulfil your requests.
- to send you important information regarding the Site, changes to our terms, conditions, and policies and/or other administrative information.
- for our business purposes, such as data analysis, audits, developing new products, enhancing our Site, improving our services, identifying usage trends and determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns. We strongly believe in minimizing the data we collect, and whenever possible we will aggregate and anonymize data necessary for purposes outlined in this Privacy Statement.
- if you purchase a product or service from us, to complete and fulfil your purchase, for example, to have your payments processed, communicate with you regarding your purchase and provide you with related customer service.
- to distribute newsletters, prepare surveys and marketing communications that may be of interest to you, and to tailor your experience with us by sending advertising, new product information and offers if you choose to opt in to such communications. You can change your preferences to receiving these types of information at any time by unsubscribing to such communication or contacting us to request removal.
DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION. Your Personal Information may be disclosed to third parties only in the ways described in this Privacy Statement:
- to our affiliates for the purposes described in this Privacy Statement.
- to our Service Providers who provide services such as payment processing, order fulfilment, customer service, website hosting, data analysis, infrastructure provision, IT services, email delivery services, auditing services and other similar services to enable them to provide services.
- if you choose to download a white paper, eBook, or other resource, to our clients, partners and current and future sponsors of that resource. If you do not want to be contacted by these third parties, please do not download, view or otherwise access the white papers, eBooks and other resources as we cannot guarantee your personal data will be kept in accordance with this Privacy Statement.
- to a third party in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings). Any prospective purchasers or new owners will be similarly bound by this Privacy Statement.
- as we believe to be necessary or appropriate: (a) under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to respond to requests from government authorities and other parties with legitimate interests, including law enforcement and government authorities outside your country of residence, and to meet national security or law enforcement requirements; (d) to enforce our terms and conditions; (e) to protect our operations or those of any of our affiliates; (f) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you or others; and (g) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
Personal Information that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area ("EEA"). It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us. Such staff may be engaged in the processing of your payment details and the provision of Services. By submitting your Personal Information, you agree and consent to this transfer, storing or processing. We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your data is treated securely and in accordance with this Privacy Statement.
NON-PERSONAL INFORMATION. "Non-Personal Information" we may collect any information that does not reveal your specific identity, such as:
- Browser information
- Information collected through cookies, pixel tags and other technologies such as scripts
- Demographic information and other information provided by you
- Aggregated information
How We Collect Non-Personal Information. We and our third party service providers may collect Non-Personal Information from you, including your computer type, screen resolution, OS version, and Internet browser. We also aggregate Personal Information in a manner such that the end-product does not personally identify you or any other user of the Site, for example, by using Personal Information to calculate the percentage of our users who reside in a particular country.
How We Use and Disclose Non-Personal Information. Because Non-Personal Information does not personally identify you, we may use and disclose Non-Personal Information for any purpose. In some instances, we may combine Non-Personal Information with Personal Information (such as combining your name with your geographical location). If we combine any Non-Personal Information with Personal Information, the combined information will be treated by us as Personal Information as long as it is combined.
- improve your experience on our Site
- maintain items in your shopping cart
- understand your usage of our Site
- help identify you and maintain your signed-in status
- or to measure the effectiveness of e-mail communications.
THIRD PARTY SITES. This Site contains links to external websites. This Privacy Statement does not address, and we are not responsible for, the privacy, information or other practices of any third parties, including any third party operating any site to which this Site contains a link. The inclusion of a link on the Site does not imply endorsement of the linked site by us or by our affiliates.
SOCIAL MEDIA WIDGETS. Our website includes social media features, such as the Facebook and Twitter button. These features may collect your internet protocol address, which page you are visiting on our Site, and may set a cookie to enable the feature to function properly. Social media features and widgets are either hosted by a third party or hosted directly on our Site. Your interactions with these features are governed by the privacy statement of the company providing it.
BLOG. Our Site offers publicly accessible blogs or community forums. You should be aware that any information you provide in these areas may be read, collected, and used by others who access them. To request removal of your personal information from our blog or community forum, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. In some cases, we may not be able to remove your personal information, in which case we will let you know if we are unable to do so and why.
CHILDREN'S PRIVACY. For purposes of the US COPPA laws, we do not knowingly collect Personal Information from visitors under the age of 13. If we become aware that a user is under the age of 13, we will terminate any account that user may have with us and will delete any Personal Information that they have submitted from our records.
SECURITY. We take our security responsibilities seriously, employing appropriate physical, organisational and technical measures to protect Personal Information under our control. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet or data storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure (for example, if you feel that the security of any account you might have with us has been compromised), please immediately notify us of the problem by contacting us in accordance with the "Contacting Us" section below.
YOUR RIGHTS. We give you choices regarding our use and disclosure of your Personal Information for marketing purposes. You may opt-in or opt-out at any time to:
- Receiving electronic communications from us and our affiliates: If you no longer want to receive marketing-related e-mails from us and our affiliates on a going-forward basis, you may change your selections of receiving these marketing-related e-mails by following the instructions to unsubscribe contained within the relevant e-mail or by contacting us at email@example.com
We will seek to comply with your request(s) as soon as reasonably practicable. Please note that if you do opt-out of receiving marketing-related messages from us, we may still send you important administrative messages.
ACCESS REQUESTS. You have the right to request a copy of the Personal Information held by us about you. You also have the right to access your Personal Information, the right to change any inaccuracies in the details we hold about you, the right to object to the use of your Personal Information the right to block any specific uses of your Personal Information, and the right to have your Personal Information deleted or transferred to another registrar, by means of emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by contacting us through our Contact Us web form and by providing the name of the service for which information was provided, your full name, mailing address, phone number and email address so that we may identify you accurately. We will respond to your request within a reasonable timeframe.
For your protection, we will only implement such requests with respect to the Personal Information associated with the particular e-mail address that you use to send us your request, and we may need to verify your identity before implementing your request.
In your request, please make your request clear and we will try to comply with your request as soon as reasonably practicable.
RETENTION PERIOD. We will retain your Personal Information for the period necessary to fulfil the purposes outlined in this Privacy Statement for as long as you are a customer, and as long as there is a legitimate interest in maintaining the information, unless a longer retention period is required by law.
UPDATES TO THIS PRIVACY STATEMENT. We reserve the right to modify this Privacy Statement from time to time without notice to you. Any such changes or modification shall be effective immediately upon sending you notice of such change by email at the email address listed in your Account or when such changes have been posted to this website ("Site") and you next access the Site. Please take a look at the "LAST MODIFIED" legend at the bottom of this page to see when this Privacy Statement was last revised. Your use of the Site following these changes means that you accept the revised Privacy Statement.
CONTACTING US. If you have any questions about this Privacy Statement, please contact us by email at email@example.com or
Internet Computer Bureau Ltd
221-227 High Street
Orpington, BR6 0NZ