- Six weeks before the expiry date, we will send the Administrative
Contact an invitation to verify the information held on the
register, and invite him/her to amend any domain details, where
necessary, to ensure the information's accuracy. Use your password
(obtainable online if you have forgotten
it). All changes can be made on-line, via the Modify
- Four weeks before the expiry date of the domain (check the
date online via the WHOIS) we will
send a request for payment to the Billing Contact. If you
pay immediately your registration will be updated from its expiry
date for the number of years you select and you will not be troubled
until the next year's renewal.
- If you have not paid at 2. above, then two weeks before the
expiry date the Billing Contact will be sent another reminder.
If you pay at this stage your record will be adjusted accordingly
and email reminders will cease.
- At the Expiry date the Billing Contact will be notified
that the domain name has expired and that it will be deactivated
unless the domain is renewed.
- Thirty days after the date of expiry, the domain is withdrawn.
The Administrative contact or Billing contact may
still renew the domain during this period.
- If renewal payment has not been received within 90 days
from the expiry date, the domain is automatically released
and made available to anyone wanting the domain name.
- It is possible to renew a domain for either one year, two years or five years, from the expiry date.
We hope you find this document useful. If you have any questions, please remember we are here to help you, just mail us.
Continue to Domain Renewal page